Dairyland Insurance - Worst Insurance Company Ever
I am contacting you regarding an accident that took place on May 5, 2013. I was stopped in bumper to bumper traffic on I-95 North near exit 43 around 4 Pm when I was rear ended by your insured Michael Cooney (43 of Bridgeport , CT). According to the police report Michael Cooney was driving a motorcycle alongside a group of other motor cycles weaving in and out of traffic at and excess of 100 mph when he went into a power slide (approximately 500 or so feet) into the back of my vehicle, a 2013 Jeep Patriot. Unfortunately, due to his high rate of speed and the fact that he was not wearing a helmet, Michael did not survive the accident. The accident also resulted in the totaling of my vehicle.
Obviously, as you can imagine this was quite the traumatic experience. Both my girlfriend, a passenger in the vehicle, struggled sleeping for weeks. I went to my doctor to receive anti-anxiety medicine to help me sleep and deal with the trauma resulting from the accident. I also sought therapy and counseling. I was afraid to drive and didn’t for months and still have anxiety when driving on the highway. Sadly, the incident still lives with me today and will continue for the rest of my life.
The reason I am contacting you is through no fault of my own, I have to deal with this incident for the rest of my life. This incident has not only caused me great mental pain (as noted above) but also financial heartache (I will discuss later on) as well. I was obeying the traffic laws when your recklessly insured driver who was not obeying traffic laws rear ended me and caused all these problems.
My vehicle, a 2013 Jeep Patriot, had on 3,000 miles on it and had yet to make it to its first oil change when it was deemed totaled. I put $10,000 down to purchase that car and when I settled with my insurance company (note: since I was not at fault I should be settling with you, more on this later). I was left with slightly less than $6,500 to purchase a new vehicle. As an accounting major, I understand the normal wear and tear (Depreciation) of the vehicle but it hardly seems fair that after 3,000 miles I would have $3,500 less to purchase a new vehicle ($1.17 a mile really your average car wouldn’t make it through the year on that type of depreciation scale).
It has now been over 4 months since the accident and even though the police report states your insured is 100% at fault your company has yet to accept responsibility for the accident. Your adjusters, primarily Kim Fox, continue to give weak and quite frankly unintelligent excuses such as “we have not obtained a copy of the police report.” The police report has been available for 2.5 months now, its 2013 and that excuse wouldn’t have worked in 1983 when information wasn’t so readily available. I mean you could have walked from your office in Iowa to the police head quarters and back in that amount of time.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Car Accident Coverage
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I HAD GEICO FOR 4/5 YEARS, 250 A MONTH, FIRST FEW YEARS NOTHING, THEN, YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY "BAD THINGS COME IN 3's, AND IT DID..#1-I HAD A FENDER..."
- "My husband of 56 years and I immigrated to the U.S. from the Philippines to live with my daughter and family, and I became an American citizen soon after. ..."
- "I am contacting you regarding an accident that took place on May 5, 2013. I was stopped in bumper to bumper traffic on I-95 North near exit 43 around..."
- "Iready is a website that is "educational" for children. Not true! This website is just an excuse to make money as the website is very glitchy and VERY poorly made!..."
- "Purchased these green beans a day ago. I don't know what is in it but it is nasty. I would like to be contacted about this. I don't know if..."
- "Steak 'n Shake Friday Evening 01/20/17 When I arrived there were ; 7 occupied tables, parties of 7,4,2,2,3,4,3 customers & 1@counter One server appeared to be working with a second..."
- "Hello, I'm Rosa Cruz I went with my husband this morning for breakfast in North Haven. I was very disappointed. we waited half hour for our food, I do..."
- "Where do I start? Well for starters… my name is Thai! T-H-A-I … like the "Thai" in "Thailand". But according to the creators my name is "Thal" w/ a L. The..."
- "In the fall of 2014 I bought a Pfister bath faucet called Selia. It leaked so I contacted the company. I sent them pictures showing the two areas it leaked...."